Lead Software Engineer
We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer for our engineering client based in Edinburgh. This is a permanent position, salary commensurate with experience, highly competitive package. This role is for applications and middleware software development. Developing software in industry, or experience of a research and development organisation is desirable and developing software for a real-time embedded environment
- To create high quality robust designs and code
- Be part of an integrated project team
Skills and Experience required for the Lead Software Engineer role:
- Ideally a 2:1, or better, in a relevant science-based honours degree e.g. Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or Electronic Engineering (BSc (Hon)/ BEng (Hon)/ MEng)
- Programming in an object-oriented programming language. C++ is mandatory.
- Confident in Object Oriented Design and UML (Unified Modelling Language)
- Experience of developing software for a real-time embedded environment
- Experience with real time operating systems; VxWorks would be ideal.
- Familiarity with Model Driven Engineering
- Experience in some of: Rhapsody, MatLab/Simulink, DOORS, Dimensions similar tools is beneficial
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum techniques and JIRA, BitBucket, Git is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in a regulated engineering work environment desirable.